Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Most Irresponsible Headline Ever!

This Headline just appeared in my in-box

"Regularly drinking antioxidant-rich green tea may halve the risk of colon and rectal cancer, suggests a new study based in China."

I read it once, twice, three times before I realized that it was halve and not have. Surely they could have thought of a better word!

In the next couple days, someone will misquote this article to you (proof that they only read the headline, and not the article). Don't worry. Keep drinking your green tea.

BP

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

billy said...

For me, any headline that contains the words "may", "suggests", and "new study" is something I try my darndest not to lend too much credence to (See any issue of Men's Health!).

But yeah, people will halve to read that one a few times...