Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Work Out Update

I don't think I can properly express how refreshing the experience of moving my workouts outside has been.

Without meaning to use a horrible pun - it's been a breath of fresh air.

I've increased the weight for my weighted blast strap dips and rows by 2.5 pounds per workout. I'm up to 35 pounds now, and someone will need to explain to me why 35 pounds in a weighted vest feels much heavier than using 2 45 pounds plates attached to a dipping belt.

My plan is to continue to workout outside at least twice per week, adding 2.5 pounds at each workout, until I hit 5o pounds in the vest (while keeping all sets in the 8-10 rep range).

I will still keep one, possibly two (if it rains) gym workouts during the summer. But this will only to serve the purpose improving my Adonis Index Score. I am committing to not doing anything indoors that I could do outdoors.

My next step is to try keeping the weighted vest ON while doing the 400 meter baby jogs.

To see the original workout, check out Brad's Outdoor Workouts

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outdoor exercising is great as long as you stay hydrated enough. Running or jogging against the natural elements can't be simulated with a treadmill.