Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Mac and Cheese

I love food.

And while I'm definitely not going to be confused with a great cook, I am not afraid to get creative with my food.

If you know my views on 'Health', you know that I don't really beleive in the idea of healthy foods (within reason).

I'm not a fan of food-like products like most prepackaged foods (or really anything that comes in a box), but when it comes to actually cooking a great meal my goal will always be flavor over function...mostly because I think that all foods have a place in our diet.

Regardless, I love it when I get a chance to get creative and make great tasting food.

Now typically my creativity is extremely simple, but in my never ending quest to create great tasting dishes I occasionally stumble upon something worth sharing, and that some nutrition purists may even consider..gasp..healthy.

Take my Dr. Seuss inspired..Green Mac and Cheese.

What you will need:

  • A pot
  • Water
  • some form of pasta (I used Rotini)
  • Avocado (I used a full avocado for a serving for two)
  • Havarti cheese (about a 1/4 cup grated)
  • Butter (teaspoon, just to keep the pasta separated)
  • Whole Milk (quick dribble at the end)
  • Spring Onions (be liberal with these, they make everything awesome!)
  • Dill (to taste)
  • Chicken (optional)
Quick an easy instructions
  1. Boil some salted water in a pot..when the water is boiling at a roll drop in your pasta..let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
  2. Once your pasta is nice and tender, drain it, add some butter, and then throw it back into the pot.
  3. Add 1 nicely mushed up Avocado (yes, 'mushed up' is the technical term)
  4. Stir like crazy.
  5. Add the Havarti, Dill and Spring onions and a little salt and pepper
  6. keep on stirring.
  7. Add the sliced up chicken (cook it first).
  8. pour in a little milk until you get your desired level of creaminess.

and tada - quick and easy, Green Mac and Cheese!

Like I said - It's not going to win any awards, but its fun, simple and tasty!

BP


(Yep, I broke down a took a picture of my food!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

billy said...

That sounds AWESOME. Thanks Brad! (although I'm not doing ESE right now, so I do have to worry a bit about the carbs, so maybe as a cheat meal!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brad
Have you made the Eat Stop Eat Advanced transcripts available yet for purchase on there own yet? I'm very anxious to read it. Thanx Denise

Zeolite said...

Yum ... I'm like you. I love food and I like being creative. When we have something that doesn't have a recipe (which is often) my kids say we are having "mama made it up" for supper! LOL

I've bookmarked your blog to come back and get tips from. I would love it if you would pop over to the Be Naturally Well community and add your link so my readers can find you more easily. There are lots of health bloggers out there and people are looking. Here's the link
http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings,
Shelley

Sara said...

I'm overexcited that you've come over to the 'I take pics of my food and post them on my blog' club. Welcome. We knew we'd get you someday... bwahahaha.

Brad Pilon said...

Hi Denise,

I sure have, shoot me at email at brad (at) eatstopeat (dot) com and I'll hook you up.

BP

Brad Pilon said...

Hi Sara,

Yep, You've pulled me to the darkside!

I'm sure you are going to find my recipes on the simple side...but C'est la vie.

Watch for my super muffins to make an appearance next week.

BP

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty Brad. In my experience a little bacon usually adds a wonderful taste to pasta dishes.