Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How to Make Eat Stop Eat work for YOU

I've had a busy last couple days spending some fairly long hours in my office working on a new Eat Stop Eat project (more on the project later).

You may have noticed I wrote 'office'

For last several months I've been working in a shared office for a couple of days per week.

With Brier now walking, I find my house somewhat distracting. It's not that she's getting into trouble, rather my self-discipline seems to go out the window whenever I hear here laughing (which she's doing about 90% of the time she's awake).

Let's see...analyze more research....or...play with Brier...easy decision ;)

So I am getting a lot more work done these days, but I also feel the pain of working in a shared office.

For instance, today someone brought in a 3 pound bag of trail mix...the kind with raisins, peanuts, cashews, almonds...AND M&M's!

The best part is, there are ONLY 3 OF US IN THE OFFICE!

So I had an open THREE POUND bag of trail mix within my line of vision for an entire day.

Stay strong Brad, stay strong.

Now you know that I'm a big fan of not stressing about what I eat, and I love my treats, but it has to be within reason.

After all, Eat Stop Eat works amazingly well, but I will be the first to admit that the way the Eat Stop Eat lifestyle works is by allowing you to maintain a caloric deficit in a very simple and easy fashion.

If you were to stuff yourself with something like Trail mix on a daily basis, to the point where you are no longer in a caloric deficit... well then, unfortunately it is no more weight loss for you!

Which brings me to the point of my email.

Have you ever wondered how much you should be eating when you are not fasting?

There's an easy way to figure this out.

Take two weeks off from fasting. During these two weeks, try to eat the way you would normally eat. Keep working out exactly the way you usually workout.

3 days after your last fast, weigh yourself. Five days later weigh yourself again. Five days after than weigh your self again. Then finally weigh yourself one last time. If you weight significantly
increased** during these two weeks, then you are eating too much.

**(Significant meaning more than the simply 2-3 pound fluctuation we all see on a daily basis)

If you weight stayed the same, you are eating perfectly.

If your weight continued to go down, then depending on yours goals you may be able to eat more on the days you are not fasting, and still lose weight.

The bottom line is that the Eat Stop Eat lifestyle is a simple and easy way to lose weight and maintain muscle, because it is a great way to eat less.

In my opinion it is this simplicity that makes the Eat Stop Eat lifestyle better than any other diet program.

However, there is no magic to fasting,you CAN undo the effects by eating too much.

Eat less, but enjoy the foods you eat. You don't have to stress about what you are eating, but while you are following the Eat Stop Eat lifestyle eating responsibly will always get you the best results.

BP

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: