Here is another one of my favorite recipes that involved turning a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables into something a little more portable.
You are going to need:
- 1/2 package Quaker instant oatmeal muffin mix
- 1 egg
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 pepper squash
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- couple mango slivers
- 1 steamed zucchini
- Muffin tray
1. preheat your oven
2. take the zucchini, squash, sweet potato, mango, applesauce and banana and stick them all together in a blender.
3. Puree the heck out of them until they are one even consistency (think baby food)
4. Pour the muffin mix into a BIG mixing bowl, add one egg, and flavor with vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
5. Add your puree to the Muffin mix, substituting it for the water, stir like crazy.
6. (Optional step) I like to add quaker one minute oats to oatmeal my muffins up a bit...oh yeah, and a whole package of chocolate chips doesn't hurt either!
7. Pour your mix into the muffin trays and bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. (Another optional step) Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes before eating...or skip directly to step 9.
9. Eat the muffins.
I hope you enjoy!